01 May 2007

It's Been a While my Friends (and Family)

I went to Puebla on Sunday with Toño's family. It's a medium sized state just north of us, Puebla City is sometimes referred to as the City of Angels. One city within Puebla is the proud owner of 365 churches, one per day of the year.

Puebla is known for it's mole and candies, neither of which I tried because 1. I don't like mole and 2. I tasted a sampling of one candy and didn't care for it either. Their handcrafts mostly take the form of beautifully embroidered clothing that they say is exclusive to Puebla.

The Cathedral is lined with angel statuetes every 10 feet. It's the cathedral that they say was meant to be built in Mexico City, but the owner of both plans took this plan for Puebla.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We ate lunch with a clown who made us balloon gifts (I got a bracelet in the shape of a flower, Paco got a rat and Jimena, a doll) Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Toño ate Sesos (brains) Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket and we decided for his sake that we shouldn't say, hear or see anything about it. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We visited the library that supposedly contains the first Bible ever written, we didn't see it but there are over a thousand books there from the 1500s, 1600s and 1700s, each. I snuck an illegal picture, Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We then ate piñaletas and Jicaletas on the street. -Leta is translated roughly into -sicle so essentially these were pinesicles and jicasicles (from pineapple and jicama). Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket I got mine covered in sweet chili and orange powder.

oh, Toño and I played the LOST numbers in the Lottery (4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42) but we lost. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


and, to finish it all, I've decided to try growing a beard....I just can't decide if I prefer it brown or black... Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

p.s. I'm falling in love with the tiles here. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish not acquiesce in on it. I regard as polite post. Especially the title attracted me to study the unscathed story.

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.